New style, who dis?
Hey, love muffins. I’m back again with a funky new natural hairstyle for summer! If you follow me on Instagram (which you all should) then you know I get bored easily when it comes to my hair. Because of this, I have to constantly switch it up. Hence, this fun Bantu knot twist out!
If this style is nothing else, it is absolutely fun. I love rocking this style when I’m feeling super funky or super afro-centric. It’s a unique way to show a ton of personality and style without having to go overboard with makeup or clothes.
It takes quite a bit of time to do because there are so many steps, however, it lasts for at least a week (if not longer) and has really low upkeep.
What I used:
Cantu Comeback Next Day Curl Revitalizer
Cantu Tea tree and Jojoba hair and Scalp Oil
Cantu Shea Butter For Natural Hair Moisturizing Twist & Lock Gel
Cantu Smoothing Leave-In Lotion
Cantu Shea Butter Extra Hold Edge Stay Gel
How it’s done:
- Moisturize hair
- Separate hair in two sections from ear to ear.
- Dampen and moisturize the back sections of the hair and then place it into large bantu knots
- Part a thin section of hair next to each ear.
- Attach a thin piece of braiding hair to these sections and braid forward all the way down to the end.
- Part out hair for a braid directly in the middle of your front section
- Grease the scalp at the part and use edge control to smooth each side of the hair upward (toward the middle)
- Braid the section all the way to the end and then roll it into a bantu knot at the base of the braid.
- Repeat this process to create 4 braids on each side of the center braid.
- Get your edges on FLEEK!
For a full walkthrough keep scrolling!
Share your thoughts on this style below, and don’t forget to share the video with your curl friends.