New style, who dis?
Hey, love muffins. I’m back again with something different done to this head of mine. If you follow me on Instagram (which you all should) then you know I get bored easily when it comes to my hair. Because of this, I have to constantly switch it up. Hence, this fun bantu knot twist out!
If this style is nothing else, it is absolutely fun. I love rocking this style when I’m feeling super funky or super afro-centric. It’s a unique way to show a ton of personality and style without having to go overboard with makeup or clothes.
It takes quite a bit of time to do because there are so many steps, however, it lasts for at least a week (if not longer) and has really low upkeep.
What I used:
Cantu Comeback Next Day Curl Revitalizer
Cantu Tea tree and Jojoba hair and Scalp Oil
Cantu Shea Butter For Natural Hair Moisturizing Twist & Lock Gel
Cantu Smoothing Leave-In Lotion
Cantu Shea Butter Extra Hold Edge Stay Gel
How it’s done:
- Moisturize hair
- Separate hair in two sections from ear to ear.
- Dampen and moisturize the back sections of the hair and then place it into large bantu knots
- Part a thin section of hair next to each ear.
- Attach a thin piece of braiding hair to these sections and braid forward all the way down to the end.
- Part out hair for a braid directly in the middle of your front section
- Grease the scalp at the part and use edge control to smooth each side of the hair upward (toward the middle)
- Braid the section all the way to the end and then roll it into a bantu knot at the base of the braid.
- Repeat this process to create 4 braids on each side of the center braid.
- Get your edges on FLEEK!
For a full walkthrough keep scrolling!
Share your thoughts on this style below, and don’t forget to share the video with your curl friends.